Are you interested in learning Jiu Jitsu for the first time? Have you trained Jiu Jitsu in the past and would like to start practicing again? Sign up in January and get your first month for FREE! Our academy welcomes and accommodates all students, from beginners to the most advanced. Learn in a friendly and healthy environment that will push you to achieve your goals, whatever those maybe (fitness, weight loss, competition, self defense, etc.). Come and try out for a week for free.
DCJJ’s own, Nic Furst, was selected to participate at the Fight to Win 53 pro-event in early November, in Frederic, MD. He had a very tough fight and made us all very proud. Also, congratulations to our BJJ Revolution teammate, Scott Dance, for winning his fight at the same event – in a very convincing fashion – a fight in which he had Dimitri coaching him! We are all very proud of both of you!
First-time DCJJ members that sign up for our annual membership get some FREE training! All white belts that sign up in October get 1 month for FREE, while all blue belts get 2 months for FREE. Don’t miss this, visit us now!
Our most popular special is back – only for the month of September!! Become part of the DCJJ team and get a free month of training and a free gi. Affordable prices, quality instruction, great teammates, free month of training and a free gi…can’t beat this!
DCJJ came first among all academies that competed at the Copa Arlington Jiu Jitsu tournament in July accumulating the most points. BJJ Revolution was also first among all other teams. A big thank you goes out to all DCJJ students who put it on the line, and the rest that came out and supported their teammates. Congrats to all! Keep up the good work!
We are glad to have a locally based Brazilian Jiu Jitsu tournament again that offers Gi and No Gi fights. Dimitri Chrisos Jiu Jitsu Academy will be training hard for it and we are looking forward competing against the best jiu jitsu competitors the area has offer on Saturday, July 29th. Click link to register for event. Good luck to all involved!
Only for the month of May: Sign up for the a year and get a Free month of training and a Free gi. Over $260 in savings. Applicable for new students only. All levels are welcome!
Are you visiting the area for a few weeks and looking for a place to train jiu jitsu? Are you a student who is back home for the summer and looking for a place to train as well? Are you looking for a place that is welcoming and affordable?
DCJJ Academy is the place for you! We offer short-term, customized, and affordable memberships that fit your needs. Don’t have a Gi with you? No problem. We will give you one for the time that you are here.
Please stop by or contact us for additional information.
Here is one of our testimonials.
Interview with one of our visitors, Stirling:
– What was your initial goal in finding a Jiu-Jitsu gym in the area?
– I just wanted to find the closest place to where I was staying to be honest with you. I just stumbled upon this place.
– How did you find it exactly?
– I found it off the Internet. I think it was 4 miles away, not even. I just showed up and I was welcomed in by Nick who told me to put on a gi immediately and I did. I was extremely out of shape out at the time and it was a little awkward too but, Dimitri could not have been any nicer, as well as Nick. I could tell it was a good group of guys from the beginning. Also, I had a goal to lose a lot of weight.
– Did you have any experience in Jiu Jitsu?
– Yes, I had some…I had some about 7 years ago.
– How long did you train for?
– I want to say a year-and-a-half
– So, you were a white belt?
– Yes, I was still a white belt.
– How long did train at Dimitri’s academy while you were visiting the area?
– I was there for 3 weeks.
– Did you need a gi or did you bring one with you?
– They provided one for me, which was huge. I showed up they immediately gave me a gi and I was good to go.
– What kind of an academy was it? Was it one that was based mostly on competition, or was it based mostly beginners? What did you think?
– I thought the academy and Dimitri in particular was accommodating to everybody, absolutely. The more you showed up and the more you committed, the more you got out of it. That was huge for me!
– Did you manage to hit your weight-loss goal?
– I lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks…and yes, I was able to compete as well and at the weight division that I wanted to.
– Speaking of competing, did decide with three weeks of training to compete in a local tournament? How come you decided that? Did you want to challenge yourself?
– I wanted to challenge myself and I wanted to lose weight so I thought that was going to be a good incentive. Nick just planted the idea in my head from the beginning and Dimitri as well. I was questioning it but eventually I committed and they could not have been any better at catering to my positive sides and hiding my weaknesses.
– So how did you do in the competition? How was the experience overall?
– I won both my divisions no-gi and gi.
– So, I guess it would you won gold, double gold!!
– Yes, I could not have done it without Dimitri; that’s a hundred percent for sure. He was in my corner…he was on my side the whole entire time, coaching me to beat the other opponent. It was really impressive to see how committed Dimitri is.
– Do you think you were well taken care of for the time that you spend in the academy?
– I think I was spoiled!
– That is great! That is good to know.
– Is there anything you want to say to anyone that might be interested in visiting the academy in the future just like yourself? Anyone who might be visiting for work or for a vacation?
– Yes, come to Dimitri Chrisos Jiu Jitsu Academy and take one of Dimitri’s classes. Bring a gi or if you don’t have one, he will have one for you. It’s a lot of fun! Very welcoming people – good group of guys.
Rodrigo Medeiros shared all of the latest and greatest techniques that made him a multiple time Pan American Champion during his seminar at DCJJ. Looking forward to the next time Rodrigo visits us.
On Friday 27 January from 7 to 9pm, Dimitri Chrisos Jiu Jitsu Academy (DCJJ) along with Fighter’s Garage will host a (Gi) seminar with Carlson Gracie’s 5th degree Blackbelt, Rodrigo Medeiros. Don’t miss this seminar for all levels, full of the latest moves, from a world renown instructor of champions. Everyone is welcome. There will be rolling/sparring after the seminar. Location: DCJJ. Cost: $70 (New student special: Sign up at DCJJ and attend the seminar for FREE)
Open to all white belts (new students only): Sign up during the month January for the year, and get a Free Month of Unlimited training and a Free Gi. You can’t beat this deal! Hurry-up before you miss this great opportunity to get a head-start with your Jiu Jitsu training!
Here were some of our 2016 promotions. Once again congratulations to all who got promoted this year!
Don’t forget about our women’s ONLY self-defense seminar on Sunday 25 Saturday! Please join us for this physically and psychologically empowering seminar, where you will learn how to defend from the most common attacks. No-prior experience in martial arts/self-defense is needed. All women are welcome. Please contact us for any questions.
Third degree Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt, Demetrius Ramos, has made several world champions and has a champion pedigree himself. Visiting Virginia for the first time in 2016 he is ready to share his knowledge with all who will attend his seminar. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from one of the best coaches at a very affordable price.
What: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Seminar (with the Gi)
When: Friday 19 August, 2016
Where: Dimitri Chrisos Jiu Jitsu Academy, Chantilly, VA
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Other: $55 per person. Open to all students from all academies. For any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are visiting the area for work, tourism, or any other reason and you are looking for a place to train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, then, DCJJ is the place for you! Our academy welcomes all visitors and we’ll even provide you with a gi if you didn’t pack one. First of all if you are only visiting for a few days or so please come in and roll/train for FREE. If you are visiting for a few weeks or months, we have special DISCOUNTED prices for you, no contract – no commitment necessary. Please stop-by or contact us for additional details. We guarantee that you will have very affordable jiu jitsu experience of high quality that is fun as well! We welcome all visitors from all academies. No prior experience in Jiu Jitsu is necessary for this deal.
Congratulations to Stirling and Joaquin for an amazing performance on 2 April at the US Grappling tournament in Laurel, MD. Stirling with only 3 weeks of training, won double-gold and in adult gi and no-gi, executing the custom-made game plan we made for him, to perfection. Joaquin once again dominated the over 30 age division winning a gold medal in gi and a silver in no-gi. Both men had multiple submission victories. We could not have been more proud of them!
DCJJ students, AJ and Joaquin, were very successful at the last Copa Nova tournament in March in Chantilly, VA. AJ won silver in his teens Gi division, while Joaquin won double-gold at his weight division in Gi and No-Gi in the over 30 category. Three medals – two competitors, not a bad day at all and great way to defend our home turf! Congratulations to both!
While visiting Brussels, I decided to train at the Malicia Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Team. The team was very welcoming with a number of back belts and brown belts among others. Their hospitality was second to none and I really enjoyed all my super-technical rolls there. If you ever in Belgium please stop by and visit them. You’ll not regret it!
If you are you looking for a FREE no-gi jiu jitsu open mat in the Washington DC metro, join us every Saturday at 3pm at Dimitri Chrisos Jiu Jitsu Academy in Chantilly, VA. No matter your focus in jiu jitsu (gi, no-gi, MMA, etc), your academy affiliation, or your martial art background, you will find a welcoming hassle-free environment with lots of no-gi rolling and plenty of technique exchange. EVERYONE IS WELCOME!
Would you like to learn cutting edge jiu jitsu at prices that won’t cost you an arm and a leg? Would you like to learn jiu jitsu in a fun and friendly environment? Would you like to be in a small class setting where you get plenty personal attention? Do you want to learn all the fundamental moves in jiu jitsu as well as the latest jiu jitsu competition techniques?
Well, Dimitri Chrisos Jiu Jitsu Academy is the place for you! Enjoy jiu jitsu in a clean and safe environment where everyone looks out for each other. Family and friendly atmosphere where everyone looks out for each other. This Academy is for the hobbyist but for the competitor as well. No matter the reason why you do jiu jitsu (fitness, self defense, competition, etc) this is the place for you. The best jiu jitsu at the best price!
JOIN NOW AND GET THE FIRST MONTH FOR FREE!
Sign up now at Dimitri Chrisos Jiu Jitsu Academy for the first time and get a NEW GI for FREE! Unlike other Jiu Jitsu schools where they might offer you a free low quality free gi with your new membership, at DCJJ you will get a high quality gi of a well known brand. There are no sign up fees and we have a super low monthly membership. The best quality jiu jitsu for the best prices! This offer will expire soon.
DCJJ Academy has a new YouTube Channel. Now, you are able to view and study a variety of techniques that we learn in class and get shown in seminars that we host. In addition, you can view competition footage from DCJJ members.
There is nothing better than pizza when it’s cold. Make sure it’s Tony’s NY Pizza! The best in the region and a DCJJ sponsor.
The best with the best…and forget all the rest!
Third Degree Black Belt under BJJ Revolution Rodrigo Medeiros, and Dimitri’s instructor Demetrius Ramos, will conduct a 2-hour Gi seminar on Friday 11 December, specifically tailored to the students’ needs. Demetrius Ramos is a Pan Am, US and Brazilian National Champion. Cost is ONLY $50. Don’t miss to train with one of the best coaches at an unbelievable price. EVERYONE is welcome!