Are you visiting the area for a few weeks and looking for a place to train jiu jitsu? Are you a student who is back home for the summer and looking for a place to train as well? Are you looking for a place that is welcoming and affordable?
DCJJ Academy is the place for you! We offer short-term, customized, and affordable memberships that fit your needs. Don’t have a Gi with you? No problem. We will give you one for the time that you are here.
Please stop by or contact us for additional information.
Here is one of our testimonials.
Interview with one of our visitors, Stirling:
– What was your initial goal in finding a Jiu-Jitsu gym in the area?
– I just wanted to find the closest place to where I was staying to be honest with you. I just stumbled upon this place.
– How did you find it exactly?
– I found it off the Internet. I think it was 4 miles away, not even. I just showed up and I was welcomed in by Nick who told me to put on a gi immediately and I did. I was extremely out of shape out at the time and it was a little awkward too but, Dimitri could not have been any nicer, as well as Nick. I could tell it was a good group of guys from the beginning. Also, I had a goal to lose a lot of weight.
– Did you have any experience in Jiu Jitsu?
– Yes, I had some…I had some about 7 years ago.
– How long did you train for?
– I want to say a year-and-a-half
– So, you were a white belt?
– Yes, I was still a white belt.
– How long did train at Dimitri’s academy while you were visiting the area?
– I was there for 3 weeks.
– Did you need a gi or did you bring one with you?
– They provided one for me, which was huge. I showed up they immediately gave me a gi and I was good to go.
– What kind of an academy was it? Was it one that was based mostly on competition, or was it based mostly beginners? What did you think?
– I thought the academy and Dimitri in particular was accommodating to everybody, absolutely. The more you showed up and the more you committed, the more you got out of it. That was huge for me!
– Did you manage to hit your weight-loss goal?
– I lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks…and yes, I was able to compete as well and at the weight division that I wanted to.
– Speaking of competing, did decide with three weeks of training to compete in a local tournament? How come you decided that? Did you want to challenge yourself?
– I wanted to challenge myself and I wanted to lose weight so I thought that was going to be a good incentive. Nick just planted the idea in my head from the beginning and Dimitri as well. I was questioning it but eventually I committed and they could not have been any better at catering to my positive sides and hiding my weaknesses.
– So how did you do in the competition? How was the experience overall?
– I won both my divisions no-gi and gi.
– So, I guess it would you won gold, double gold!!
– Yes, I could not have done it without Dimitri; that’s a hundred percent for sure. He was in my corner…he was on my side the whole entire time, coaching me to beat the other opponent. It was really impressive to see how committed Dimitri is.
– Do you think you were well taken care of for the time that you spend in the academy?
– I think I was spoiled!
– That is great! That is good to know.
– Is there anything you want to say to anyone that might be interested in visiting the academy in the future just like yourself? Anyone who might be visiting for work or for a vacation?
– Yes, come to Dimitri Chrisos Jiu Jitsu Academy and take one of Dimitri’s classes. Bring a gi or if you don’t have one, he will have one for you. It’s a lot of fun! Very welcoming people – good group of guys.